Read the Books.
Listen to the Podcast.
Join the Discussion.
228. Roman Epics XXV: Ovid’s Metamorphoses, Book 4, or Bedtime Stories – Triumvir Clio's School of Classical Civilization
Ovid goes meta by telling stories about people telling stories. To join the discussion, visit the blog at Triumvir Clio’s School of Classical Civilization. If there’s no hyperlink showing up here, you can go to triumvirclio.school.blog to find a feed of recent episodes as well as discussion pages for every episode. Join me on Patreon at www.patreon.com/triumvirclio to get early access to ad-free episodes and bonus content. References Delahoyde, Michael. “Ovid: Metamorphoses Book 3.” Public.Wsu.Edu, https://public.wsu.edu/~delahoyd/mythology/ovid3.html. Accessed 27 Apr 2022. “Metamorphoses – Ovid | Epic Poem Summary | Ancient Rome – Classical Literature". Ancient Literature, https://www.ancient-literature.com/rome_ovid_metamorphoses.html. Accessed 20 Mar 2022 Ovid. Rolfe Humphries, translator. Metamorphoses, Indiana University Press, 1983 — Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/bethany-banner/message Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/bethany-banner/support
- 228. Roman Epics XXV: Ovid’s Metamorphoses, Book 4, or Bedtime Stories
- I'm Back!
- Summer Vacation Announcement
- 227. Greek Myth XLVIII: Pseudo-Apollodorus’s Bibliotheca Book III, Chapter VII – Epigoni, or The Ring Cycle
- 226.Roman Epics XXIV: Ovid’s Metamorphoses, Book 3, or Those Ancient Gods Are Vindictive
- 225. Greek Myth XLVII: Pseudo-Apollodorus’s Bibliotheca Book III, Chapter VI – Seven Against Thebes, or Including the Parts Aeschylus Left Out!
- 224. Roman Epics XXIII: Ovid’s Metamorphoses Book 2, or Hold Your Tongue!
- 223. Roman Tragedy XII: Humanism in Roman Tragedy
- 222. Greek Myth XLVI: Pseudo-Apollodorus’s Bibliotheca Book III, Chapter V – Dionysus, Antiope, Amphion & Zethus, Oedipus, or Dionysus’s Bite Is Worse Than His Bark
- 221. Roman Epics XXII: Ovid’s Metamorphoses Book 1, or Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes
The ten most recent episodes are above. Older episodes can be found in most places where podcasts are found or by going to Triumvir Clio’s School of Classical Civilization on Anchor.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.